Friday, December 5, 2008

'Tis the Season


The most wonderful time of the year!  I love Christmas time and it's sneaking up on us too quickly this year, but at least I have accomplished one of the most important feats of the season.  You may ask what, what is it?  Well, I purchased my 1 lb boxes of See's Candies as my special gifts to close family and friends.  See's Candies are an absolute tradition in my family.  My husband doesn't have an appreciation for this tradition and that's okay.  His family has his and my family has ours.  His, ours, that's how I see it.  So, today when I sat down on the couch and ripped the Christmas paper off of a box of Nuts and Chews See's Candies and preceded to devour at least half the box in one sitting all by myself, I didn't feel guilty.  Why?  Because, it's tradition, and the ceremonious box to yourself...Well, that's part of the tradition.

No comments: