Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Magical World of...

you guessed it, Disney!!!

Yes, it's been a couple weeks since we made a special trip to Disneyland with our Oma. And it's taken about that long to recover! Whew, what a trip and wow, how tired was I when we got back! Right? I mean, that place moves fast and they sure know how to have a good time there. So, here's the Thomas rundown.


Flew in and dinner at Goofy's Kitchen. The boys were
in awe the whole time. So fun!

In case you're wondering? That's Aladdin,
wish it was Goofy or Mickey
or something, but Aladdin
was a pretty nice guy too and pretty
insistent on taking a picture with us. Guess he
needs to keep his job.


Fast forward to the next morning. But maybe
I should mention the wake-up call at
4AM I got from HJ, "Mom, is it morning yet?"
That's right, totally rested and ready to go
into the park. Couldn't contain himself,
soooo super duper excited.


First shot in the park, the whole bunch of us.
Evidently Chris's family took this same shot
when they came here as a family ages ago.


The fun began with "It's a Small World."
Harrison wasn't overly excited about it until he
went on "Pirates of the Carribean" and then he
decided he wanted to go back to his favorite
"castle boat ride" instead.
That's my sweet boy.


You could find Harrison and I both
around the park in our ears. Yes, I'm just
that cheesy, so what?


Pretty typical expressions from both brothers.


Happy boy.


Soothing the pain of "Pirates of the Caribbean" with suckers.


The iconic shot of the castle. Carter now thinks
many of the big buildings downtown are "castles."


Did you know that they have
fireworks every night
in Disneyland.
It IS a magical place!
The boys were in heaven, watching
from the hotel window before tucking
in for the night and also singing
"It's a Small World" several times.


Love this picture with Oma.


Can't help but love this picture of Karl and Tia.


Harrison wore his Mickey ears both days and
was totally adorable.


Driving a bumper car with Dad.


A "rollercoaster" that was just Carter's
speed and if I'm being honest mine too.


Lego Woody.

And we headed back home.


I have to mention that Carter has pretty much been obsessed with
Disneyland ever since the trip. The fireworks, the choo choo train, the cars, Mickey Mouse, on and on we talk it. Everyday we talk about going there and he has finally realized that he can't go there everyday on a whim like the park. Sadly, he has started to say, "Disneyland (Wiz-nee-land) far away."

What a sweet memory for the boys and a wonderful adventure with the family.
We had a blast! Thank you Oma!

No comments: