Friday, September 3, 2010

Still reflecting

I woke up this morning realizing I had a lot more to say about my post yesterday. I guess it is kinda a "reflections" week. You know, something happens and it all comes into rushing back and the distance between your own loss and the closeness of another makes you a little woozy from the waves. But, I hope that sharing my own thoughts here is not too selfish.

So, I was thinking about Chris. Wow, how lucky am I. I mean it's amazing how you get married and drag this other person through all your stuff and they're supposed to stand next to you and take it all on with you. I'm one of the lucky ones that found someone that doesn't even flinch when I take a blow. In fact, absorbs it with me and then works on making the adjustments needed before I even know I need them. You know, just takes it on. I have to say coming out on the other end that I...well, I don't know what to say except that I love him. He supported every move or lack of movement I made. He just let me be and he was the one that kept repeating, "Be patient with yourself..." Bless him, I needed that.

Let me give you a few examples, waking up in the middle of the night in tears. He was there. Understanding that in a household full of boys, I needed a little extra "girl time" to fill my aching void. Done. Finding the time to help "balance" out our lives, when our lives look like "balance" is a far off dream. Dream realized. And a host of other situations that were, I promise, no small feat in his already crazy busy world.

Anyways, there are so many other things I'm grateful for in the little need to share moment so I'll try and stop now. I'll return to breakfast with my boys and a heart full. Good morning.

No comments: