Monday, October 26, 2009

Celebrate the Good Times


Over the weekend Chris and I went to Vegas. We had a blast! My birthday was the occasion and U2 graciously hosted the celebration.;)

Bono was a true sport and gave his
heart as always for the
performance, thanks man.



And Fergie from Black-Eyed Peas
was as "Glamourous" as expected.

We had general admission tickets and I'm not sure at what age you outgrow the mob mentality in the front of the stage, but 33 wasn't it for me. We were there with the Irish foreigners that traveled across the pond to see what they consider "the world's house band" and with those poor suckers that had been waiting in line all day to get a good spot.


The world's house band, U2.

Now, I don't always expect this type of treatment on my birthday, but I do have a thing from growing up that when you've survived a kinda tough year you celebrate the good times a little more than usual. I've only had a couple of these types of birthdays that I can remember, but this year was one those years. I look back and feel overwhelmed by what I've learned from the death of my mother and honestly relieved that the year is behind me. I also have a lot of joy, about knowing what's truly important to me and joy that I have a better perspective on what this life is all about.

So, we celebrated the good times...



4 comments:

Amy and Dane said...

Love it! I'm glad you guys had a blast. But I notice there is a picture missing... A certain blowing out the candles on your sweet pink flowered birthday cake picture. You know the one, Post it!!! It's awesome :)

Chelsea said...

How fun!! You do deserve a great birthday, I'm so glad you were able to do that. My first ever concert was U2 and it was still, to date, the best concert I've ever been to. Is there a better band out there? I don't think there is.

Andrea said...

What a great birthday memory -- way to go! I hope this next year will be fabulous for you.

Wishing you health & much happiness.

Sarah said...

You should have come to the LA show!
Just kidding - I'm only jealous!
Sarah