Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Halloween here we come!

Halloween has quickly become known as the kick-off holiday around here. By New Year's Eve I'll be exhausted, but for now, I'm looking forward to the kick-off! So, you may wonder what I've been up too to prepare for the event? Well, here it goes:

1.) What Halloween is complete without a stockpile of candy. Afterall, what if they run out...

Let's be honest, stockpile is codeword
for "Mom's Stash." I'm slowly coming
around to the realization that this may
not be the best idea...

2.) It isn't Halloween unless your house says so...

We picked up these cute little metal
cut-outs at the Farmer's Market on
Saturday. The guy selling them also gave
us a free "U" which I was NOT happy
about and have only agreed to allow
it in the backyard. It's a long
story, but let's just say he got a kick
out of the rivalry in our household.

3.) Homemade costumes, why not?

We tend to do obscure costumes around
here, it will be Super Dex and his
trusty sidekick Cleevis. If you know
the reference, you're one person
I won't have to explain it too!
Wish me luck on sewing the capes!

In other news, Carter finally decided walking is a good idea afterall! At nearly 16 months he is officially walking more than crawling and is cute as a button when he does it. Arms up in the air seems to be required at this point.



3 comments:

Annie said...

I'm with you on the Mom's Halloween candy stash. I'm totally going to have to go buy more candy due to the sneaking I've done with mine.

Amy and Dane said...

I love your homemade costumes, you will need to teach me how to sew. So Dex & Cleevis... This is going to be fun for Dane and I to explain at Trunk or treating :)

Sarah said...

Love the Fall look to your Blog. Jealous. And when did you learn to sew?? Can't wait to see the holiday festivities.