Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The holidays in pictures


Some of the good times from the holidays--

My dad, if this picture doesn't say "Happy Holidays" I
don't know what does!

Harrison bonding with Riley over the iPhone.

My cute niece and I...

The night before Christmas, note the leg lamp in the window...Chris's pride and joy of Christmas Eve, it only comes out for the one night a year.


Another thing you can kinda see here that Carter has a black eye...I know, poor child. Honest truth, Wrigley the dog ran past Carter on Christmas Eve and whacked him in the eye with his tail! Can you believe it? Or should I ask do you believe it? Too rehearsed? Too much detail? Anyways, just in time for Christmas, so sad.

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care and looks
like Santa already visited at this point...just waiting for the morning to come. I'll have you know Harrison slept fine and even slept in until about 9 on Christmas morning. Me on the other hand, I was so excited I didn't sleep well at all!

Harrison and Carter enjoying the big gift from Santa this year.

Harrison asked for a Utah helmet from Santa, but I
have heard from a reliable source that Santa is
actually a Cougar fan. I know shocking right!

Carter showing off his artwork.

Harrison so proud of his first painting. One of
the few times he has been totally up for posing for the camera.


Carter and Dad opening a favorite present for him this year.
Anything "Melmo"(Elmo)is a hit.


And on to Uncle Dane and Aunt Amy's house for more fun!
Wrigley's big gift! Wrigley AKA Carter's black eye offender.


Harrison and Carter's big gift, wow, a train station from Oma. So cool, they LOVED it and now you're probably wondering why Harrison is naked. Well, long story short, he was so busy playing with his train set that when he had to go to the potty he kinda forgot where it was and ran into the laundry room instead. He ran in, not a moment too soon, just in time to make it and well, the laundry room got a nice surprise wet spot on the floor. On the bright side the washing machine was right there ready to wash his very wet Christmas jammies.

I have a video of Harrison and Carter opening their train station and it's really cute. Harrison when he rips off the wrapping paper yells, "Oh my goodness!" All I know is we are so fortunate and I loved the holiday magic through the eyes of my children...

4 comments:

Amy and Dane said...

Okay lots of comments:

First of all, I asked Wrigley and he said he had no part in Carters black eye... Think its time for us to call the division of child and family services :)

Second, I love love love that Harrison got a stop sign since he has been asking for one since October. (PS, I haven't been to your house since Christmas Eve and I need to see all the cool loot!)

Third, You forgot to mention how the pee pee in the laundry room was discovered and I'm pretty sure I need to email you the picture I have of Dane's when he stepped in it! Classic.

Cute stuff!

A GAL NEEDS... said...

Laura,
Too cute! All I can say, too cute!

scrilla said...

Thanks for the added detail! I'll for sure have to edit accordingly, not the part about Wrigley's denial of the actual event.

Sarah said...

Cute Post! Your dad looks great. Naked photos - good blackmail material for Harrison's wedding day.