-Decorate house - check
-Order Christmas cards - check
-Have a better attitude about the holidays - check
After a flood that put the house in shambles and with Chris working a ton more this month I was starting to show some signs of holiday UN-cheer. But, when he worked 'til 2am Friday night, 6 hours on Saturday, and was then totally exhausted Saturday night...Well, I was plum worn out too and needed a little better perspective. I woke up on Sunday and decided, "This is just a little bump in the road and my time to put in some more elbow grease to make the holidays work for all of us!" Sometimes that's all it takes...a better attitude (and more organization on my part helps), imagine that! :)
-Holiday shopping for the boys - check
Things still to do:
-Exercise at least once during the month of December
Winter makes me want to just curl up in a ball and eat! Fight the urge! Fight!
-Go to the spa and do something relaxing for myself
Anyone want to join me? Anyone?
-Address and mail cards
-Complete neighbor gifts
-Help with RS dinner
-Make my Mom's fabulous sugar cookies and share them
I've been known in years past to eat ALL of them completely by myself! Fight the urge! Fight!
-Assemble and wrap gifts
-Help the boys with their Christmas gifts
-Mail gifts to family and friends
-Do something special for my hard-working husband
Any great ideas?
-Oversee the contractors tearing down and putting my plaster walls back together before mold starts to grow. Happy Holidays?
There it is, the good and the bad! All in all, I'm starting to feel a little more cheery as Christmas approaches. Afterall, how can you not love Christmas and all that it represents? Merry Christmas!


4 comments:
I so hear you. Bri is super busy with work right now too - including late nights and weekends - and it's made me a bit holiday uncheery too. I'm also trying to re-frame. To remember that it could be much, much, much (exponentially) worse and that I need to focus more on the positive. There is so much of it and it all goes overlooked when I see everything through a grumpy lens. Thanks for your help on the party. I'm already looking forward to dessert! xo
Um I will *volunteer* my time with you at the Spa :) Say Tuesday or Thursday?? And we need that recipe in the cookbook this year! Let me know if you need a little relief.
We had our share of plumbing problems in Sept, then a quickie with the plumber here until 10:30 on Tuesday night. Well, at least his overtime paycheck will be cheery! Love your list. Realizing its time to make Christmas fun and not a to do list. Love you.
Laura! I really like your background! You really have a sense of who you are b/c, as usual, this really fits you.
Post a Comment