Thursday, May 21, 2009

It really can happen...

So Chris and I finally got away for a few days just by ourselves to Laguna Beach!!  A couple pics as proof below...

Laguna Beach tidepools...


It wasn't quite swimsuit weather yet, but I did manage to lounge by the beach and read anyways.

We got together with our good friends the Everys.  Sarah and I have been BFFs since kindergarden!

We decided to go to California Adventure one of the evenings!  Like quick-fast running through the park evening.  This is Chris in front of the Ferris Wheel that was our one regret, I get motion sickness and we went on the basket that rocks back and forth A LOT.  Ya, I'm a total wimp, ever since...well, long story.

This is us on the Hotel of Terror ride, can you see me gripping on to Chris for dear life.  I screamed like a "girl" the whole time.

It was awesome, special thanks to Amy and Dane for taking the boys while we were gone.  You guys rock!

5 comments:

Amy and Dane said...

We are pretty amazing huh :) Glad you guys got some time away, looks like a nice trip!

Sarah said...

We loved it - Come again soon! I've known you since kindergarten and I didn't know you get a queesy stomach!?! Sorry. Next time I'll show you the line for non-rocky.

Chelsea said...

Looks dreamy! I love Laguna, it's a great close getaway. Glad you two were able to get away alone, it does wonders on the mind! Speaking of, Wyatt and I need a little break too:)

Kristin B. said...

I'm SO glad you were able to get away for a bit...isn't it nice to remember that there's more to your identity than just being great MOM! I thought so much about you on Mother's Day and hope it was filled with sweet memories of your mom.

PS The only time I've ever seen Pat completely unnerved was on that ride!

Andrea said...

Good for you guys! I hope John & I can getaway someday....maybe when Connor is 10! Hope all is well in your camp. We need to get everyone together....soon.