Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

Easter was sooo fun!  I have a few pictures, but of course their not ready.  But, Harrison loved it and had a great time, 2 Easter egg hunts, basket in the morning, cute church outfit (his first tie, he was totally excited about) chocolate supply for awhile, and nice family dinner at the end.

We also had a great little FHE tonight to review the true meaning of Easter.  Here's how it went:
We had a paper cutout of Jesus' Tomb, with a rock cutout and a Jesus cutout and I was trying to show him what happened on Easter.  We went through the story and I felt like, whew, I think he kinda getting it.  He would move the rock away from the tomb and bring Jesus up through the tomb door and say, "Yay!"  I told him that's what Easter was all about.  You know, not bad for a 3 year-old.  He was a little confused and asked at one point, "Where's the Easter Bunny?"  Well, maybe we're not quite clear, but we're working on it.

For me, I have moved on from the Easter Bunny, and truly feel blessed to understand more fully what it's all about.  I loved the General Conference talk by Elder Holland, here is part of his Easter message.  His words about Christ were beautiful and inspired...


No comments: