HAVE MORE FUN.
Yep, that's it. Think I can handle it. Last year was more about keeping my head above water, take it as it comes and make it though it and I'm proud to say I did that and learned a lot about myself in the process. But, I'm ready, this year, I'm ready to have more fun. We work hard in this house if you didn't know that, and I'm actually a true believer in the value of hard work. But, more and more I realize that this life is not necessarily about surviving, okay, well sometimes it is. But, there is nothing wrong with having some fun and I plan to have lots of it!
So here are some of the things I plan to do in accordance to this tough, tough goal. (I know, how will I ever accomplish this, hope I don't throw my hands up in frustration and give up! The agony!)
Have fun with Chris - Totally already on track with this one. I bought him the COMPLETE series of Seinfeld and we are currently making our way through season 7, if you have any favorites let me know and I'll track down the episode, pop in the disc and laugh the night away with Chris. HA!
Fun with the kids - I admittedly am a worrier when it comes to my boys. Am I too strict? Am I strict enough? Are they spoiled? Are they eating enough vegetables? Do they get enough sleep? Am I teaching them enough? I plan to worry less about the little things and enjoy the big picture and repeat to myself often, "I am a good mother and everything will work out. Have fun! Have fun! Have fun!" Also on track, bought a membership to Discovery Gateway and have been barreling through the fun every week!
Remember the fun times - Whether this is documenting the current good times on this blog or taking stock of past good times this is something I can do. I still think about my Mom a lot and I'm trying to make sure it's the good stuff. The stuff that makes me laugh or smile when I think about her. That's important to me.
Fun with the family - My Dad is smiling more lately, after a tough year for him that I can only pretend to understand, he is in a better place. Blessed be! His chuckle is back to normal and there's some sarcasm coming though. He is working on all sorts of projects and talking about the here and now, all really good signs that life is starting to feel good again. Anyways, I have all sorts of family around and that is a blessing. I just need to make sure the emphasis is on fun!
Did I miss anything? I think I covered it. Fun. Fun. Fun. I'm funning myself to death. As a matter of fact we're off to see the Harlem Globe Trotters tonight with some family. Now if that's not fun, I mean really...FUN!


4 comments:
loved loved loved this! couldn't agree more... what is life, if not fun?! i'm guessing this new years resolution of yours will become quite addictive. i'm betting that the more fun you have, the natural worrier in you will take a back seat... just a prediction:)
well have fun having FUN! i know who i'm going to call when i come back into town now:)
Southern California is fun. How about meeting a new baby & Disneyland! All very fun. Love you girlie and missing the hours of fun we've had over the years.
Yes, fun! I think you'll keep this resolution! Could you use my help? I'd be happy to help in any way I can...
Laura, I gave you a blog award on my site! http://helena-agalneedsatleast2blogs.blogspot.com/2010/03/blog-mention.html Hope you don't mind! Also, I just won a Land's End Swimsuit!!
Post a Comment