Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sick Day

Today was lame, I was sick, Harrison is recovering and one step ahead of me.  So, Harrison and I have pretty much be convalescing around the house.  

On a happier note, Harrison has a new big boy bed.   He thinks it's the coolest thing ever.  When it was being set up he said, "Thanks Mom, it's Harrison's birthday."  No it's not his birthday, but you can see how cool he thinks it is.  While we've been sick it has actually been so nice.  I can now, climb into bed with him and read books and just hang out while we both cough and wipe our runny noses.  He's been adorable, very clingy to his Mom, in fact every sentence ends with Mom.  As if somehow, that lets me know how important I am to his get well process.  Well, it works, I melt every time.  
"Warm milk, Mom?"
"I need medicine, Mom.."
"You take a nap too, Mom?" 
and of course, the definitive statement while he snuggles up to watch Sesame Street for a little bit...
"My Mommy." 

Maybe being sick has some good parts...

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

How ironic- Tate is also sick and I was just thinking today how nice it's been in a way. It's so rewarding when all they want is you, and you're the only one who can help them feel better. Plus, they're extra cuddly which I always appreciate!!